The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Simple to use music player for all those who prefer folder structure over tags. (You want your mix folder, not separated by artists, right?).
Home screen Widgets in separate download "MortPlayer Widgets"
Want to fix or add a translation? Go to http://www.getlocalization.com/MortPlayer_Music/
- Folder based navigation with simple folder change and auto progress to next folder
- Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below "/sdcard/music" or "/sdcard/audiobooks", individual for each player)
- Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
- Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine - right?)
- Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android's media library)
- Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg+png, types "other" and "front cover"), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
- Plays all media types supported by core Android (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, 3GP, MIDI, Wave) and some device specific (WMA, FLAC), but only on devices which support them
- Easy folder/file selection by tapping cover resp. tag info
- Set the track order for each folder
- Flexible play, shuffle, and repeat modes (stop after track, repeat folder, shuffle files per folder, shuffle all files, ...)
- Supports headset buttons and OpenWatch
- Pause/continue on headset removal/plug and calls
- Sleep mode (stop playback, power off not allowed by Android system)
- Alarm clock
- Swipe gestures
- Selectable layouts (so far only default, car, and big cover) and themes
- Selectable backgrounds (theme color, own images, or wallpapers - even Live Wallpapers)
- Delete and send files
- Supports ScrobbleDroid and Simple last.fm Scrobbler (both interfaces also supported by many other scrobblers, like the official last.fm app)
- Supports equalizer, bass boost, and reverb on devices with Android 2.3
- and some more, just check the preferences...
Phone state: Used to pause during a call. Otherwise it would only be muted by the system.
Wake lock: So the playback isn't stopped when you turn off the screen. Also for some optional features like disabling the auto screen off during playback.
Disable keyguard: In case you only want to use the app's lock screen. (And not return to the default one afterwards.)
Write/delete external storage: For some internal files in \.MortPlayer, e.g. cached folder covers from ID3 tags and track order lists.
Internet: Ads (AdMob)
Boot completed: To reschedule the alarm clock after boot.
Tasks: For "StopService" activity, to avoid the system returns to player afterwards
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Disable your screen lock||Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for targeted advertising|
|Pair with bluetooth devices||Can connect to user's Bluetooth devices||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback