The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Be free from the carriers. Get a phone number with unlimited talk and text.
UppTalk is a cross-platform messaging application that allows you to send text messages (real SMS) to any phone number in United States, Canada, Mexico and more than 200 countries in the world. Also, if your friends install the app as well, you will be able to do a lot more with them, including unlimited calls, group chat and more between Android and other platforms incl. tablets.
What makes UppTalk different?
- Free incoming calls.
- No contracts.
- Select your phone number.
- Unlimited texting.
- Free roaming.
- Call and text using only internet.
There are no barriers. Unlike other apps, with UppTalk you can call and text any number you want even if they don't have UppTalk. And all you need is an Internet connected Android device, e.g. a tablet via WiFi.
- Group Chat & Texting with multimedia.
Because it's not all about the words, UppTalk offers you high-quality features in sharing pictures, videos, location, audio and more.
- Call, text, chat and group chat with millions of UppTalk users worldwide for free. With group chat and high-definition VoIP technology, we offer you a full and limitless communication experience.
- Watch videos to earn free calling minutes to any phone number in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia, China, Pakistan, Philippines, India, France, Germany, UK, Turkey and many others (1)
Other goodies that come with UppTalk, now also on tablet!
- Great overall speed and performance of the app
- Super simple & fast sign up
- Easily find your Facebook friends on UppTalk and Chat, Call and Video Chat with them for free
- Send and Receive large pictures & videos from Android to any device
- Super easy video messaging
- Push Notifications for new messages when offline: never miss an important text, SMS or call!
- Get notified when your message is delivered and read by your friend
- Free Voice messages (audio notes)
(1) Countries that can be called from UppTalk include: Armenia, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, South Korea, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, UK, Uruguay, Venezuela
Please give us your feedback on the app! Thanks for using UppTalk!
The UppTalk team
Help us improve UppTalk and get support: http://upptalk.com
We are more than happy to answer your questions so please get in touch!
* Limitations apply:
- Offer limited to US based users
- Subject to UppTalk's Terms and Conditions
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||It appears this app uses this data to connect to users' friends through integrated social platforms|
|Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Utility|
|Record audio||Can record audio through microphone on device||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for social networking services|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for targeted advertising|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for utility purposes|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||It appears this app uses this data to identify users for market/customer analysis|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Internal|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Create accounts and set passwords||Can use user's account authentication information (like password) or create new accounts||Internal|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify your contacts||Can edit contacts on device||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (sms)||Can receive SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your text messages (sms or mms)||Can read SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Read call log||Can read your device’s call log, including incoming and outgoing calls||Not analyzed yet|
|Reroute outgoing calls||Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.||Not analyzed yet|
|Add or remove accounts||Can manage user's accounts on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Disable your screen lock||Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.||Not analyzed yet|
|Connect and disconnect from wi-fi||Can connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points||Not analyzed yet|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Access bluetooth settings||Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.||Not analyzed yet|
|Pair with bluetooth devices||Can connect to user's Bluetooth devices||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback