The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:FIP is the first app in the android market, which offers this interesting new feature of virtualizing any individual you like and creating the facial features to reflect your command. Most exciting feature of this app is that it is available in a range of accents, from Australian to US English. FIP App is a blend of virtual friend and artificial intelligence. It uses natural language technology of iSpeech to perform a multitude of tasks ranging from text messages to transforming photos into a virtual communication tool. FIP uses the state of the art voice recognition technology which gives the user a hands free experience to perform various tasks and integrates it with technology to virtualize a photo to reflect any action the user expects it to perform.
FIP, a brilliant technology that has features of iPhone Siri and takes it up a notch to include more features to make it user driven. With FIP, you can:
• Upload the picture of your family, friends or your favorite celebrity. So, instead of having just a voice talking to you, now you will have an chosen picture of your favorite person. Your favorite person on screen, on palm.
• Haven’t you always wanted a phone that was unique and different? FIP gives you that edge so that you can personalize your Android phone and make it your own unique phone. Now your phone is – Unique, Personal and Exclusive by inclusion of FIP!
• FIP’s amazing engineering enables you to virtualize and use it do simple to complex tasks for you, including GPS service, social media, news reading, comprehensive location services, real-time information services, weather, sports, general information etc.
• You need to update your face book, send mail, call a person when driving, search on stuff on amazon, know things in Google, calculate, set alarm, FIP does it – in short you’ll have a personal assistant in your palm. You ask and it performs impeccably. FIP is not only the best personal assistant app on Android phone, but it is more- much, much more. FIP’s unique selling point is that the photo you use to personalize and create the balanced emotions and user can give the name to the fip(by change your name) and can assign the name to the user himself(by change my name). So, in short, your voice-based personal assistant app can now emote and can do a lot. How many voice-based personal-assistant app in the market can do that? It can become:
• A child for a father who misses his family.
• A funnyman who makes silly faces and responds to your silly questions.
• A companion who helps you get through your lonely days
• A guide who will help you navigate through the rush hour and to the places you want to go.
• An ally who will become your walking encyclopedia and provide you with answers to your questions.
• Your favorite celebrity to talk, laugh and share a joke.
• A long lost friend to talk in the virtual world
• A intelligent personal assistant who will do multiple tasks
• A friend that shares a moment, emotes intelligently, and becomes your buddy in the virtual world.
Your phone becomes a topic of conversation as well as your mode of conversation. In short a Friend In Palm in true sense of the word.
Its feature list includes:
• Sending e-mails and text messages
• Animated photos that become the face of the voice-based, app.
• Quickly finding useful information, such as dictionary definitions, mathematical equations, measurement conversions, or even fast facts and pop culture references
• Searching the web for anything and everything, including info and media (such as photos and videos)
• Posting updates to Facebook and Twitter
• Adding and accessing calendar appointments, alarms, and reminders
• Getting directions from point A to point B, using the Google maps device
• Finding businesses nearby — including directions on getting there — be it gas stations, banks, or restaurants; many businesses are also displayed by rating
• Getting real-time information on weather, stock quotes, and much more.
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Can use user's precise location||It appears this app uses this data for delivering location targeted advertisement|
|Can use user's precise location||Utility|
|Record audio||Can record audio through microphone on device||Internal|
|Can record audio through microphone on device||Utility|
|Pair with bluetooth devices||Can connect to user's Bluetooth devices||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for social networking services|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for targeted advertising|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for utility purposes|
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||It appears this app uses this data to identify users for delivering targeted advertisement|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Utility|
|Write call log||Can change your device’s call log including incoming and outgoing calls data||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners\' knowledge||Allows an application to write the user's calendar data.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read calendar events plus confidential information||Allows an application to read the user's calendar data.||Not analyzed yet|
|Connect and disconnect from wi-fi||Can connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify your contacts||Can edit contacts on device||Not analyzed yet|
|Mock location sources for testing||Create mock location sources for testing or install a new location provider. This allows the app to override the location and/or status returned by other location sources such as GPS or location providers.||Not analyzed yet|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (sms)||Can receive SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Access bluetooth settings||Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.||Not analyzed yet|
|Send sms messages||Can send SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Read call log||Can read your device’s call log, including incoming and outgoing calls||Not analyzed yet|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback