The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Norton Security & Antivirus is the all-in-one mobile security and virus protection app for your smartphone or tablet. Download the latest version of Norton’s best antivirus solution for Android devices.
★FREE FEATURES | ANDROID ANTIVIRUS ★
• Android Antivirus: Scan and remove apps that have malware, spyware, or an Android virus that can harm or slow your device. Powered by Norton Mobile Insight.
• SMS to remotely lock your lost or stolen phone
• Remotely lock your device to prevent data theft
• Choose to automatically lock your device after 10 failed unlock attempts
• Find your lost device on a map with remote locate
• Can instantly lock your phone if the SIM card is removed
• Designed for your Android™ smartphone or tablet
• Trigger a "scream" alarm to find your missing device
• Automatically saves your device’s location when the battery is low
• Sync contacts and restore or share them across your devices
• Control protection for all your mobile devices through one website
• Safe Search lets you see a website’s safety and shopping rating for all of your search results
• Avoid malware infected sites on your search results
• Block unwanted calls and SMS text messages (phones only)
• Wipe all device information remotely to protect your privacy
• Sneak Peek uses the built-in webcam to take a photo of anyone using your device once you list it lost or stolen (webcam-enabled devices only)
Norton Mobile Security & Antivirus protects you and your Android™ devices against threats such as malicious apps, theft or loss, and websites designed to steal your information and money. More importantly, Norton provides proactive anti malware, spyware, and Android virus protection against potentially risky apps that could leak your personal information and content, excessively use battery and data or have intrusive behavior. Norton’s best mobile anti virus for Android puts you in control of your mobile experience.
★PREMIUM FEATURES (Free 30-Day Trial ) ★
• SafeWeb filtering - Prevent fraudulent websites from accessing your personal information
• App Advisor powered by Norton™ Mobile Insight, automatically checks apps for potential privacy risks, high battery and data usage or intrusive behavior before download
Upgrade to the premium version of Norton Mobile Security & to protect multiple smartphones and tablets in your household. Our Premium version offers more advanced, proactive virus protection for you and multiple devices in your household.
 For new users without a current Premium subscription. The Premium trial period will last for 30 days so long as the current version remains available on the app store. No credit card info required. When the trial ends, you can continue to enjoy the FREE features to keep your device safe and secure!
 SMS Lock, SMS Wipe, SMS Locate, SMS Scream and Text Blocking not supported on Android 4.03 or later.
 Sneak Peek feature not available in Germany.
 Android multi-user mode not supported.
 Auto scan of apps on Google Play supported on Android 4.0.3 or later except for Samsung devices. Samsung devices running Android 4.2 or later are supported. For earlier versions of Android, the Google Play “Share” function must be used to scan apps on Google Play.
For feedback and suggestions, visit the support forum: http://norton.com/nms_support
For a detailed list of features, visit: https://MobileSecurity.Norton.com/
Symantec respects your privacy and promises to carefully safeguard your personal data. For more information: http://www.norton.com/mobile-privacy-policy
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Internal|
|Pair with bluetooth devices||Can connect to user's Bluetooth devices||Internal|
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Internal|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Send sms messages||Can send SMS messages||Internal|
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners\' knowledge||Allows an application to write the user's calendar data.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read calendar events plus confidential information||Allows an application to read the user's calendar data.||Not analyzed yet|
|Edit your text messages (sms or mms)||Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your text messages (sms or mms)||Can read SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Write call log||Can change your device’s call log including incoming and outgoing calls data||Not analyzed yet|
|Draw over other apps||Can create alerts on other apps or parts of the user interface||Not analyzed yet|
|Access bluetooth settings||Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read call log||Can read your device’s call log, including incoming and outgoing calls||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify your contacts||Can edit contacts on device||Not analyzed yet|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (sms)||Can receive SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback