The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:No marketing gloss now, just facts.
So - now for the gloss :-)
FULL-FLEDGED NAVIGATION FOR VEHICLES AND ROUTE GUIDANCE FOR PEDESTRIANS
* Gives you full-fledged turn-by-turn navigation. Functionality such as speed warnings, street sign displays, 3D-view (isometric) and much more is of course included. Entirely online or offline (see below).
ONE WORLDWIDE MAP RATHER THAN A WHOLE LOAD OF SMALL MAPS
* With GPS Navigation & Maps you need worry no more about orientation. No need for paper maps. No matter where you are or where the journey takes you, OpenStreetMap is available to you everywhere.
AFTER 14 DAYS YOU MAKE YOUR CHOICE
Try out Navigation for 14 days. Then you have a choice:
1) Either upgrade to the very reasonably-priced full version (available here in the store) to enable not only unlimited use of Navigation, but also to make this and all other functions available offline.
2) Or continue with unlimited online use purely as a map app without Navigation.
* Full-fledged Navigation with voice prompts (turn-by-turn) for 14 days
* Complete interactive OpenStreetMap (unlimited)
* One single map with global coverage
* Ongoing free map updates
* High-performance map technology (NGx)
* Route planner (vehicle, pedestrian)
* Various map styles (e.g. night, outdoor)
* Various search functions
* IdeaLog for feedback to developers
* Convenient favorites lists
* Optional synchronization of favorites using the web portal maps.skobbler.com
So GPS Navigation & Maps (light) is the perfect companion when you are on the move.
Wherever you are. Maps as you need and want them. To do this the app uses the maps of the superb OpenStreetMap (http://openstreetmap.org).
Experience for yourself what more than one million mapping enthusiasts worldwide have made possible with OpenStreetMap and have the skobbler maps quality (http://maps.skobbler.com) at your fingertips at any time.
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Use accounts on the device||Allows the app to request authentication tokens.||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Internal|
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Utility|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for mobile analytics|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for targeted advertising|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||It appears this app uses this data to identify users for market/customer analysis|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Connect and disconnect from wi-fi||Can connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points||Not analyzed yet|
|Add or remove accounts||Can manage user's accounts on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback