The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Be safe, prepared and informed when a medical emergency strikes with the American Red Cross’s S.O.S. App for Android.
The American Red Cross has teamed up with Dr. Oz and Sharecare to create the ultimate emergency care application. S.O.S. provides step-by-step instructions on dealing with a variety of emergencies, including choking, broken bones, strokes, allergic reactions and more. Not sure what the problem is? We’ll help you figure that out, too.
This free app includes:
- An expansive Emergency Guide for easy access to emergency care information.
- A questionnaire to help you determine an emergency’s severity and proper treatment.
- Dozens of videos, narrated by Dr. Oz, to coach you through emergency protocols. Particularly complex techniques, such as unconscious choking and CPR also include an audio and visual counter for real-time CPR compressions.
- Quick Care factoids to help you stay ahead of the curve before an emergency strikes. These range from knowing which foods can help motion sickness to the medical use for kitty litter.
- Easy access to 9-1-1. If you’re not in the US, we’ve got you covered – the app will determine what country you’re in and dial the appropriate emergency number.
- Alerts from the Red Cross to make it easy to help out in the case of a major disaster.
Emergency care protocols were developed and reviewed by prestigious medical and educational panels from both the American Red Cross and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this for their game engine|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Reroute outgoing calls||Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Not analyzed yet|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback