The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Samsung Smart TV's Remote Management Guide app (via your Wireless Network)
The Remote Management Guide application provides Remote Support service that lets Samsung Electronics diagnose your TV remotely via a Wi-Fi Hot Spot app installed on an Android SmartPhone or Tablet.
Samsung's Remote Support service provides one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings for you, reset your TV to its factory settings, and install recommended firmware updates.
[IMPORTANT] Enabling Wi-Fi Hotspot from the Remote Management Guide application uses your Smartphone/Tablet's Mobile Data allocation. Your provider will charge you if you go over your monthly data allowance. Check your Mobile Data usage before using Wi-Fi Hotspot.
1) Remote Management/Installation Support
- Remote Management: Lets a Samsung Technician provide Remote Support service to customers who don't have home Internet service. You get one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician.
- Installation Support: Lets a Samsung Technician provide Smart TV installation help and provides one-on-one support.
2) Request Support
- Lets you request technical support for any Smart TV issues.
- You must register your product first before using Request Support.
3) S / W Update Service
- If the latest software version is available on the Samsung server, the Update Service automatically sends a notification to your mobile phone or mobile device. You can take advantage of this timely notification to update your Smart TV with the latest software.
- The S / W Update Service is only available after you have registered your TV.
4) Product Registration
- Manual Entry: Manually type-in product information. Please register your TV Model. (Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung for the TV Model information.)
- QR Code: You can automatically enter product information using a QR scan.
5) Managing Your Product’s information.
- Register a product by OR code or manually input the information. You can check/modify/ delete it any time.
6) Contact Samsung Customer Support
- Lets you call Samsung Customer Support. Please verify your country registration first.
- Country Setting: The application detects your country automatically during installation, but you can change the country setting if necessary. If you change the country setting, the default language and Samsung Customer Support phone number will automatically change accordingly.
- Language Setting : You can change to your preferred language.
3. How to Use
1) Contact Samsung Customer Support.
2) Explain your problem to the Samsung Technician.
3) The Samsung Technician guides you through the following steps:
- Enabling Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Configuring Network Setup on your Smart TV.
- Launching Remote Diagnostic on your Smart TV.
4) The Samsung Technician provides you with one-on-one Remote Support service (Remote Diagnostic/Installation Support).
1) This application is only compatible with Smartphones/Tablets running Android Ver 4.03 or later.
2) This application uses your Smartphone/Tablet's Mobile Data allocation. Your provider will charge you if you go over your monthly data allowance. Check your Mobile Data usage before using Wi-Fi Hotspot.
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Change network connectivity||Allows applications to change network connectivity state.||Not analyzed yet|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your own contact card||Allows the app to read personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.||Not analyzed yet|
|Connect and disconnect from wi-fi||Can connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points||Not analyzed yet|
|Allow wi-fi multicast reception||Allows applications to enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode.||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback