The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:- It's the Law -- Avoid Fines/Jail -- Save Lives -- FREE!! Version - Register - Login - Drive
The Safe Driving Association Releases a more Simplified interface along with its leading telematics enabled, location aware, anti-texting safe driving application.
This version still includes a FREE individual Cloud Platform where telematics, user-customized preferences, and location data is stored. In addition, this version ALSO INCLUDES the storage of activity data from non-texting distractions like Voice Calls, Bluetooth devices, Hotspot and Music apps and Internet browser or email usage. This information allows you to evaluate, regulate, report, and verify INDIVIDUAL safe driving performance or enterprise policy compliance.
This unique tool provides individuals, parents, or employers a new, definitive way to manage distracted driving risk from cell phone use through real time recording of individual safe driving performance data … all right from the mobile phone, without any of the extra cost and hassle of installing and managing “in-vehicle” systems.
Safe Driving Association (SDA) has shattered the barriers that previously limited local business engagement and safe delivery of rewards and messages to mobile drivers and passengers. This new release of the Safe Driving Association mobile app provides an incentive for safety to drivers everywhere.
• incentive rewards, deals and local loyalty for safe and conscientious app users
• distraction-free notifications while driving, with passenger mode and instant emergency support
Specific features include:
• Blocks the mobile phone screen to prevent mobile phone distractions at a set-speed for driving, or optionally, for bike riding, walking, etc.
• Automatically Unblocks to allow mobile phone use when not moving
• Works on all manufacturers’ mobile devices that run Apple iOS, Google Android, or RIM Blackberry mobile operating systems.
• “Opt-in” feature collects historical performance and usage verification information in a private cloud database.
• Reveals hard stop, fast acceleration, sharp turning, speed, and location.
• Captures identification information for any incoming or outgoing “distraction events.”
• Prevents driving without device activation (once the app. is started by the user).
• Emergency Panic Button notifies up to 5 persons of your Location with a pre-recorded panic message.
• Delivers automatic or personalized pre-recorded responses to incoming text and voice messages received while moving.
• Captures statistics on phone usage incidents to provide historical performance data for improving driving habits
• Insurance Companies, Employers, or Parents can collect valuable driving data and protect sensitive information from unintended disclosure.
• Can collect “private” distracted driving data at the enterprise, program, or geographic level or by specific time intervals.
• Captures a “snapshot” of the effects of weather conditions on distracted driving incidents, as well as on reported vehicle types and actual driving habits.
Disclaimer: Upon installation/registration, the “SDA” app configures to the Safest Driving Mode. Some features are dependent on your mobile device type, model, and settings. Mobile Devices must be turned on and have an active cellular service plan. Accuracy and coverage of location services (GPS) provided under your plan may vary. See your provider for details. You must accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) to use this product. Promotional and non-promotional licenses offered through the Safe Driving Association or other product sponsors and distributors all require registration to activate. Membership and other benefits may be available or required. Please see everyonetexts.com and safedrivingassociation.com for details.
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Internal|
|Pair with bluetooth devices||Can connect to user's Bluetooth devices||Internal|
|Use accounts on the device||Allows the app to request authentication tokens.||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||It appears this app uses this data to identify users for market/customer analysis|
|Send sms messages||Can send SMS messages||Internal|
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for utility purposes|
|Record audio||Can record audio through microphone on device||Internal|
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||It appears this app uses this data for mobile analytics|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
|Access bluetooth settings||Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read call log||Can read your device’s call log, including incoming and outgoing calls||Not analyzed yet|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Disable your screen lock||Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.||Not analyzed yet|
|Reroute outgoing calls||Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.||Not analyzed yet|
|Edit your text messages (sms or mms)||Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your text messages (sms or mms)||Can read SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (sms)||Can receive SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback