The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Textfree Pinger: the free texting app that gives you a real US phone number so you can send free text and SMS messages to anyone or any group, even if they don’t have a free texting app. Using your data or WiFi connection, Textfree keeps you in touch with friends and family through free SMS messaging, group messaging, picture messaging, international texting & calling, and voicemail. All for free. Get Text free, the original free texting app!
TEXT FREE WITH GROUP MESSAGES
Textfree is the perfect free texting app for group messaging with all your contacts. You can create groups, leave groups, add participants and let everyone be part of the conversation.
REAL PHONE NUMBER INCLUDED
Not many free texting apps give you a real number. But having your own local phone number means you can call your grandma’s landline, order a pizza, SMS any number, and of course, hit up all your friends, even if they don’t have a smartphone.
SEND UNLIMITED FREE TEXTS & PICTURES
With Textfree you get free SMS texting plus calling, totally free and unlimited. And now, Text free is the first free texting app enabled with real MMS picture messaging. That means you can even send picture messages to all your friends, even if they don’t have Textfree!
Free calling has never been better. Textfree-to-Textfree calling and any incoming calls are always free. Outbound calling minutes are easy to earn or super cheap to buy. Who doesn’t love free calling?
TURN ANY DEVICE INTO A PHONE
No phone? No Problem. Text free has you covered. Textfree turns your desktop, tablet, or other Android devices into a phone so you can text and call for free. Plus, calls sound even better over WiFi.
AND SO MUCH MORE
• Texting and calling are free back to the US and Canada from anywhere in the world when you have a data connection or WiFi
• Speaking of the world, Textfree is the perfect free texting app for making free calls and sending free texts while you’re abroad.
• Use Textfree as a free second phone line
• Text free is the first free texting app to let users send and receive real MMS picture messages, just like the pricy carriers.
• Real MMS picture messaging works with nearly all other carriers (T-Mobile coming soon). If you try and send or receive a picture message with a T-Mobile user, it might not go through (yet).
• Free texting to the US and 35+ countries For a list of those countries visit: http://r.pinger.com/text-intl
• Sync your contacts with their Facebook photo
• Know the instant your texts are read
• Block numbers, if needed
• Log in securely from any device
• Choose custom ringtones, text tones and backgrounds
• Turn your Android device into a free phone.
• FREE TEXTING + CALLING APP for both the US and Canada.
• FREE texting and calling plus 10 FREE minutes of outbound calling
• Send unlimited free texts, plus get free unlimited incoming calls from anyone, anywhere in the world.
• Textfree is the original free texting app that you can use with WiFi.
• Send text via your regular number or send free text with your Textfree number
• Free voicemail, too
• Call and SMS any number in the US and Canada, even if you don’t have a calling plan.
• Make Calls on WiFi
• Your texts are 100% free. Pictures are 100% free. Incoming calls are 100% free.
• Earn free minutes for outbound calls
• Never miss messages
• Send hi-res pictures to anyone on AT&T, Boost, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and Virgin
• Want some light reading? Our terms of service are here: http://r.pinger.com/and-eula
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
• Emergency calls are not supported
• Like many free texting apps, Textfree is ad-supported, so you will see ads from time to time.
• When roaming, additional carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for details.
• If your contacts aren’t on Textfree, they might have to pay regular carrier charges for texts and pictures. If that’s the case, be a good friend and tell them about Textfree.
• Requires OS 2.1+
TEXT FROM THE WEB
|Write call log||Can change your device’s call log including incoming and outgoing calls data||Not analyzed yet|
|Read call log||Can read your device’s call log, including incoming and outgoing calls||Not analyzed yet|
|Disable your screen lock||Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.||Not analyzed yet|
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (mms)||Allows an application to monitor incoming MMS messages.||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (sms)||Can receive SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Edit your text messages (sms or mms)||Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.||Not analyzed yet|
|Allow wi-fi multicast reception||Allows applications to enter Wi-Fi Multicast mode.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your text messages (sms or mms)||Can read SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Send sms messages||Can send SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify your contacts||Can edit contacts on device||Not analyzed yet|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
|Record audio||Can record audio through microphone on device||Not analyzed yet|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Not analyzed yet|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Not analyzed yet|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback