The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:The world of parenting is just a little easier, just a little more reassuring with Munchkin Monitor, which turns two or more Android devices into a single baby monitor. Easy to setup, very reliable, & with unrestricted range via any network connected to the internet (WiFi/3G/LTE)! You can have peace of mind knowing that you'll be alerted instantly if there's noise or after 30 seconds if monitoring somehow fails. Plus photo/video & sound transmission on request.
HOW IT WORKS
All you need is internet access. The app keeps a constant connection open at all times during monitoring to ensure reliable alarm notifications. Unlike other apps, does not use unreliable phone calls or text messages for alarm notifications (eg. reception loss triggers no alarm). You will never have to wonder if the app is working or not - one glance at your Parent Station device shows current noise levels and let's you take a live photo from the Munchkin Station camera - Anywhere, Anytime.
- Easy to setup & use. Free unlimited usage while we beta test!
- Monitor from one OR MORE Parent Station devices simultaneously.
- Our web based Parent Station lets you go beyond Android: desktops, laptops, macs, iPads & tablets, etc.. Online at: http://ps.munchkinmonitor.com
- Works with any network connected to the internet (WiFi/3G/LTE) for unlimited range.
- Signal Fail Indicator & Alarm when the connection somehow fails for any of the devices.
- Auto re-connection without alarm if momentary loss of connection.
- Picture transmission from Munchkin Station to Parent Station(s).
- Live Video if both devices on same Wifi network.
- Audio Talk-Back: Use your Parent Station to remotely listen in, or talk to your baby.
- Audio Tic option: Your Parent Station will beep periodically to let you know everything is working.
- Ambient temperature near Munchkin Station, if supported by device.
- Low battery alarm.
- Optimized to save data usage* & battery - app continues to work even if device in standby mode**.
- Parent Station monitors in the background, even if using other apps or making calls**.
- Will always be free for basic usage***.
- Encryption used to prevent eavesdropping.
Munchkin Monitor is currently in Beta as we continue improving it. We welcome your feedback and suggestions!
Reported bugs/problems with the current version of the app will always take precedence.
Vote for or suggest features you'd like to see at: http://www.munchkin-monitor.com or via email!
* Please ensure device has an appropriate data plan when not using WiFi. Carrier charges may apply.
** Many Android devices disable WiFi (but not 3G) when the screen is off. Some have an option to disable this functionality. The Munchkin Station will keep the screen ON by default to prevent connection loss.
*** We will keep the app free for basic usage, but it costs money to run the servers which power the app and as the user base grows we may have to introduce data limits and a small fee for some features or for more frequent usage.
For the time being, there are absolutely no ads or locked features, we hope you find the app useful and share it with friends and family!
keywords: baby cam pet cam nanny cam 3g lte wifi phone to phone reliable video audio sound alarm real time
|Record audio||Can record audio through microphone on device||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Internal|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback