The following description comes from the
Google Play Store
description of the app:
’ “No home should be without one
” certainly applies to this splendid medical dictionary ’, Journal of the Institute of Health Education.
This best-selling and market-leading dictionary contains over 12,000 clear and concise entries, covering all aspects of medical science
. Written by a team of medical experts, the entries are accessible and jargon-free, and complemented by over 140 illustrations and diagrams
. The 8th edition has been fully revised and updated to cover changes in this fast-moving field. Entries on techniques and equipment, drugs, general medical practice, health service organization, and treatment have all been reviewed, and updated where necessary.
The dictionary has also been expanded in many areas, with particular attention paid to pharmacology, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, ethics, nephrology, and psychiatry. Selling over a million copies in previous editions, this is an indispensable reference guide for students, as well as those working in the medical and allied professions. It is also an invaluable home reference guide for the general reader.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete
helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup
allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’
to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’
('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search
looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Share word
definitions via installed apps on your deviceLEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• *NEW* Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps***This is a fully functional 30-day trial version***
by purchasing the full version of the Concise Oxford Medical Dictionary:
• Feature-complete license for unlimited time
• Offline mode
- look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – our support team will help you