The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Be part of the 1st of over 10 million people using MessageMe.
Optimized for communicating with speed, simplicity and fun. We’re introducing photo broadcasting and stickers in this latest update. It’s the easiest way to share great moments with everyone that matters most to you.
With stickers, unlimited expression is only a click away. Text your friends hundreds of colorful, expressive characters to capture just how you feel in any given moment. Excited, in love or feeling flirty, there is a sticker for every occasion.
Why use MessageMe, a free, global, safe and fast way to send messages and photos
• Personal: MessageMe was created to connect and communicate with your closest friends and family. It’s a trusted, and intimate environment to express and show your emotions.
• Photo Broadcast: Quickly snap a photo to capture the moment as it unfolds, then privately send these expressive pictures to select friends or groups. Keep broadcasting and start a conversation with multiple friends.
• Say it better with Stickers: Express a thousand words with a single sticker. Choose from a variety of different sticker packs for every day, occasion, mood and style.
• Emojis: Choose and send from over 180 different emoticons and emojis using the emoji keyboard and express yourself visually.
• Chat, text and IM FREE all over the world: Drop the need for SMS and exchange one-on-one or group text messages with your friends and family worldwide at absolutely NO COST. Chat absolutely FREE using Wi-Fi, 3G, EDGE or LTE
• Group Chat: Add and remove groups participants, change group names and add a profile photo to express the emotion and state of groups with your friends.
• Draw & Doodle: Use a variety of brush sizes and colors, create a custom art piece, or doodle on a friend’s photo!
• Connect: Adding contacts is easy and safe. Use a secret PIN like BBM Messenger.
• Message Search: Like iMessage, never worry about losing your chats or groups; with one click find your friends’ messages, read through history and start a conversation again.
• Use unique features like no other messenger: Draw or doodle directly on top of pictures. Send one of over 180 emoticons and emojis to create and express a message with one touch.
• Share your location instantly in a message or group chat. Also check out push-to-talk recording & walkie-talkie feature.
• Doodles, emojis, location-share, push-to-talk & walkie-talkie
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for social networking services|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for utility purposes|
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Internal|
|Record audio||Can record audio through microphone on device||Internal|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Internal|
|Send sms messages||Can send SMS messages||Internal|
|Read calendar events plus confidential information||Allows an application to read the user's calendar data.||Not analyzed yet|
|Control near field communication||Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC.||Not analyzed yet|
|Add or remove accounts||Can manage user's accounts on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Disable your screen lock||Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.||Not analyzed yet|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Edit your text messages (sms or mms)||Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.||Not analyzed yet|
|Create accounts and set passwords||Can use user's account authentication information (like password) or create new accounts||Not analyzed yet|
|Write to your social stream||Allows the app to display social updates from your friends. Be careful when sharing information -- this allows the app to produce messages that may appear to come from a friend. Note: this permission may not be enforced on all social networks.||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners\' knowledge||Allows an application to write the user's calendar data.||Not analyzed yet|
|Draw over other apps||Can create alerts on other apps or parts of the user interface||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (sms)||Can receive SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (mms)||Allows an application to monitor incoming MMS messages.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your text messages (sms or mms)||Can read SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your social stream||Allows the app to access and sync social updates from you and your friends. Be careful when sharing information -- this allows the app to read communications between you and your friends on social networks, regardless of confidentiality. Note: this permission may not be enforced on all social networks.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your own contact card||Allows the app to read personal profile information stored on your device, such as your name and contact information. This means the app can identify you and may send your profile information to others.||Not analyzed yet|
|Read call log||Can read your device’s call log, including incoming and outgoing calls||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback