The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:SureLock turns any Android tablet or smartphone into a kiosk. It replaces the default Home Screen or Launcher and restricts access to only allowed applications.
Worried about unwanted misuse of your company owned Android devices? It has become common to use off-the-shelf mobile devices to run business applications or self-service kiosks. However, device misuse can impact user productivity and can lead to problems such as increased data usage and maintenance costs.
Use SureLock to lockdown android tablets and smartphones and restrict access to only selected applications and device features. Games such as Angry Birds, social media applications such as Facebook and Twitter, system settings, or any other applications are completely hidden from the user.
* Restrict access to only selected applications
* Display widgets on home screen
* Display application shortcuts
* Block user from altering system settings
* Set passwords for chosen applications
* Auto launch applications at startup
* Control access to peripherals (WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera, Screen Orientation, Airplane mode, Audio, GPS, etc.)
* Restrict phone usage: Whitelist/Blacklist phone numbers
* Customize home screen (Layout, Application captions, Wallpaper, etc.)
* Remotely deploy SureLock configuration from Cloud or by using SureMDM
* Single application mode
* Group applications into folders
* Hide the icon of an allowed application
* Application idle timeout
* Screen saver mode
* Disable status bar and notification panel
* Disable power button
* Delayed application launch
* Selectively allow or block individual child windows
* Multiple admin access
* Restrict device usability while driving
* Collect application usage data (launch time, duration of usage, etc.)
* Power saving settings (brightness control based on charging status and user inactivity)
* Memory management (close applications if memory usage threshold is reached)
* Easily integrates SureFox (Special lockdown browser to restrict browsing to certain websites only)
Who uses SureLock?
SureLock is used by customers across various industries.
- Tablets and Smartphones for mobilizing field forces
- Libraries and schools
- Taxi Dispatch Systems
- Customer engagement at retail stores
- Inventory Control and Asset Tracking
- Passenger Infotainment at airports
- Restaurants using mobile devices for customer feedback and engagement
- Patient survey using mobile devices at hospitals
- Electronic Proof of Delivery applications used by logistics companies
SureLock runs on almost all kinds and models of Android devices. Following are some of devices validated by us or our customers.
* Samsung Galaxy Tab
* Nexus 7
* Kindle Fire (1st generation)
* Samsung Galaxy Note 1 and S3
* Motorola Xoom
* Motorola ET1 (Awarded Motorola Solutions Validated)
* HTC Wildfire
* Zenithink C91
* Dell Streak 7
Note 1: For business use only.
Note 2: Free version has some limitations. Purchase a license to activate full version.
Want to remotely configure SureLock?
You can use SureMDM to remotely configure and manage SureLock. Learn more at http://www.42gears.com/suremdm/
How do you exit SureLock?
Tap 5 times on the screen. Password prompt will be presented. Enter the passcode to unlock.
How can you exit Single Application Mode?
Please follow the steps at:
Check out online documentation at http://www.42gears.com/surelock/docs/android/index.html
Connect with us
Google+ community: http://plus.google.com/+42gears
If you have any questions write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Disable your screen lock||Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Connect and disconnect from wi-fi||Can connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Control near field communication||Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC.||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Close other apps||Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Pair with bluetooth devices||Can connect to user's Bluetooth devices||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Internal|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Draw over other apps||Can create alerts on other apps or parts of the user interface||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (sms)||Can receive SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your text messages (sms or mms)||Can read SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Reroute outgoing calls||Allows an application to see the number being dialed during an outgoing call with the option to redirect the call to a different number or abort the call altogether.||Not analyzed yet|
|Change network connectivity||Allows applications to change network connectivity state.||Not analyzed yet|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
|Access bluetooth settings||Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.||Not analyzed yet|
|Interact with a device admin||Must be required by device administration receiver, to ensure that only the system can interact with it.||Not analyzed yet|
|Mock location sources for testing||Create mock location sources for testing or install a new location provider. This allows the app to override the location and/or status returned by other location sources such as GPS or location providers.||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback