The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Trainline, previously Captain Train, is the quickest and easiest solution for booking train tickets online in Europe. Since 2011, more than 1.8 million users trust us to book their tickets in France (SNCF, iDTGV, OUIGO, OUIBUS), Germany (Deutsche Bahn, HKX), Italy (Trenitalia, Italo, Thello), Spain (Renfe), the U.K. (Eurostar), Switzerland (Lyria), and Belgium and the Netherlands (Thalys).
Trainline: the new name for Captain Train
Back in March 2016, we said hello to Captain Train—our French equivalent—and teamed up with them to build the best online train ticket platform in Europe. Captain Train is now part of the Trainline Group and our team and our mission remain the same: we’re here to make train travel easier and smarter for people in the UK, France and the whole of Europe.
What the media says about us
“It’s already built up a fanbase by being more user-friendly” — The Guardian
“This looks good. The whole site is clean, fast and zippy. If only all travel booking was like this!”— Business Insider
“In most cases, I now recommend using www.trainline.eu” — Mark from Seat61.com
Buy train tickets at the best price
• Pay no booking fees or hidden costs. We have the lowest prices.
• Select your preferred seats for the train.
• Find and book tickets for all trains in France, Germany, Italy, Spain and nearby countries: TGV, ICE, Eurostar, Thalys, Lyria, Renfe, etc.
• Find the best prices amongst the most comprehensive offers: Prem’s, Loisir, iDTGV, etc.
• Take advantage of your discount and loyalty cards: Eurostar Frequent Traveller, Thalys TheCard, etc.
• Pay whenever you want, thanks to our pre-booking feature.
• Pay however you want: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or PayPal.
• Exchange or cancel your tickets within the app.
Book your trip in seconds
• Register your loyalty and discount cards along with your personal information.
• Save time by creating a passenger profile for any fellow travellers.
• Select your favourite destinations instantly.
• Review your upcoming or previous journeys.
• Receive your e-tickets in PDF format or store them on your loyalty card.
• Add your journeys to your calendar and Passbook in only one click.
Too good to be true?
Like many users you may ask yourself how we make money.
It is quite simple. Like any other official travel agent (certified by the SNCF or the Deutsche Bahn) we earn a commission for each ticket sold. There is no additional fee for our clients because our prices are aligned with the rail operator’s fares.
If you’re curious to know what permissions we ask for upon installation, you can find a detailed explanation here: http://faq.trainline.eu/article/292-android-app-required-information-permissions
You’ve read this far?
You rock! Tweet “the wagon is mobile”, and mention @trainline_eu. We will answer you with some emoji hearts and a train picture.
Blog : https://blog.trainline.eu
Twitter : https://twitter.com/trainline_eu
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/trainline.eu
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/trainline
|Use accounts on the device||Allows the app to request authentication tokens.||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Add or remove accounts||Can manage user's accounts on the phone||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for payment services|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for social networking services|
|Create accounts and set passwords||Can use user's account authentication information (like password) or create new accounts||Internal|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Can use user's precise location||Payment|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||It appears this app uses this data to get to know where users make online payment|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback