The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Mobile Pay™
Use your smartphone to easily accept credit and signature debit card payments, anywhere you have wireless coverage. The powerful Mobile Pay app is easily downloadable to your Android device, turning it into a mini credit card transaction terminal that performs as a traditional wireless terminal, but at a lower cost.
The Mobile Pay Advantage
• Security – encrypts card data instantly upon swipe (verified compliant with PCI DSS)
• Sturdy card reader – Mobile Pay doesn’t swivel, so you can count on reliable swipes
• Support and service – 24/7 from leading payments experts
What You’ll Need
• Merchant account (new or existing)
• Smartphone with data (service) plan
• Mobile Pay downloadable app
• Mobile Pay card reader
Rooted/Jailbroken devices are not supported due to security risks.
What’s New in Version 2.2
• A faster, easier user interface
• Intuitive transaction flow
• View sales history and issue refunds from the same screen
• New settings – automatically copy yourself on mail receipts; configure tips and sales tax from your phone
• Items Mode: Add items from an inventory to your transactions and receipts.
• SMS Receipts: Enter mobile phone numbers to send receipts via SMS.
• Transaction Description: Descriptions can be added to transactions and receipts.
• Cash Sales: Track and process cash transactions just like credit card sales.
• Transaction Searching: Find transactions by filtering the date, card number, or amount in the sales history.
|Read your contacts||Can read user's contact list (phone book) and phone call history||Internal|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Can use user's precise location||It appears this app uses this data for market/customer analysis|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for mobile analytics|
|Record audio||Can record audio through microphone on device||Internal|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Internal|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||It appears this app uses this data to identify users for market/customer analysis|
|Pair with bluetooth devices||Can connect to user's Bluetooth devices||Internal|
|Disable your screen lock||Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.||Not analyzed yet|
|Connect and disconnect from wi-fi||Can connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points||Not analyzed yet|
|Change network connectivity||Allows applications to change network connectivity state.||Not analyzed yet|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
|Write call log||Can change your device’s call log including incoming and outgoing calls data||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
|Read call log||Can read your device’s call log, including incoming and outgoing calls||Not analyzed yet|
|Edit your text messages (sms or mms)||Allows the app to write to SMS messages stored on your tablet or SIM card. Malicious apps may delete your messages.||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify your contacts||Can edit contacts on device||Not analyzed yet|
|Send sms messages||Can send SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (wap)||Allows an application to receive WAP push messages.||Not analyzed yet|
|Receive text messages (sms)||Can receive SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Read your text messages (sms or mms)||Can read SMS messages||Not analyzed yet|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback