The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Whether you are a resident of Hawaii or just visiting the Islands, HMSA’s Online Care Mobile App makes it even easier to connect to a Hawaii-licensed, HMSA-credentialed provider anytime, anywhere within the state of Hawaii.
Download the free HMSA’s Online Care mobile app to consult with a doctor from your phone or tablet.
*Certain devices are not supported and will not appear in the Google Play Store on that device (see below)
HMSA’s Online Care Mobile App lets you:
• Get expert advice from an HMSA-credentialed physician or specialist by video or phone
• Get information about providers, their medical specialty, and education
• View the visit cost
• Send a secure message to a provider
• Have prescriptions sent directly to the Pharmacy of your choice
Common symptoms discussed with HMSA's Online Care Providers:
• Diabetes and hypertension
• Bladder and urinary concerns
• Cold and flu symptoms
• Skin Conditions
• Headache, fever, ear pain
• Smoking cessation
• Medication management
See Instructions below to sync your mobile device with your HMSA’s Online Care Mobile App
To sync mobile device with your web-version of HMSA’s Online Care account:
1. Open your HMSA’s Online Care mobile app
2. Create a 6-digit Passcode
3. Enter your information as it appears on your HMSA card in Tell us About Yourself page
4. Health Plan Information
• HMSA members: Enter your HMSA Subscriber ID beginning with the 4th letter, followed by the 12 numbers shown on your card. (e.g. R000012345678)
• Non-HMSA members: Skip this step
5. Enrollment code is optional
Existing Account Page: If you have previously registered a web-version of HMSA's Online Care, choose Email My Code: to get your PAIRINIG CODE.
• If you are an HMSA member, enter the email address you used when you enrolled in HMSA’s Online Care or the email address you updated your HOC profile with. (If you do not receive your paring code, please contact Customer Support at 1 (866) 939-6013 toll-free.)
• If you are not an HMSA member but have an HMSA Online Care account, your email is your username.
Only Choose Create New Account: if you are not an HMSA member and you have never created an Online Care Account
*Supports Android Gingerbread v2.3.3 or above
*Forward-facing camera required
|Retrieve running apps||Can retrieve information on currently and recently running apps on the device||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||It appears this app uses this data to identify users for delivering targeted advertisement|
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for social networking services|
|Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for targeted advertising|
|Draw over other apps||Can create alerts on other apps or parts of the user interface||Not analyzed yet|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Directly call phone numbers||Can call phone numbers||Not analyzed yet|
|Pair with bluetooth devices||Can connect to user's Bluetooth devices||Not analyzed yet|
|Record audio||Can record audio through microphone on device||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback