The following description comes from the Google Play Store description of the app:Product Features
* Customers are able to shop any of Amazon's sites around the world from a single app
* Quickly search, get product details, and read reviews on millions of products from Amazon and other merchants
* Take advantage of 1-Click ordering, customer support, Wish Lists, order tracking, and more
* Compare prices and check availability instantly by scanning a barcode, using Flow, or typing your search
* Check out Gold Box Deals - including the Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals, and get deal push notifications
* Send and share links to products via email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, and more
* Shop the full selection of products available at Amazon.com
* Buy with confidence, knowing that all transactions are securely processed
The Amazon app lets you shop and manage your Amazon orders from anywhere. Browse and shop by department, compare prices, read reviews, share products with friends, check out Gold Box Deals, make purchases, and check the status of your orders.
Check prices and availability by scanning a barcode, using Flow, or typing your search. You can also stay on top of Lightning Deals, the Deal of the Day, and ship and delivery confirmations with push notifications.
With the Amazon App, you always have full access to your Shopping Cart, Wish Lists, payment and Prime shipping options, Subscribe & Save order history, and 1-Click settings, just like on the full Amazon.com site.
All Amazon App purchases are routed through Amazon's secure servers to encrypt and safeguard your personal information.
Important Note Regarding Permissions
Please note that the Amazon App requires access to the following services to operate properly:
* Camera: The camera is used to scan barcodes and for Flow, a new way to search for multiple items quickly.
* Location: Location permissions are required to support the convenience store delivery service offered by Amazon in France and Japan. Customers in those locations can request delivery to a convenience store near their current location. This service is not available in other countries supported by the Amazon app.
* Account: Account permissions are used for integration with Facebook and other social networks you have connected to your device to allow you to share products with friends and family.
* Phone calls: within the app you are able to place a call to Amazon Customer Service. Tap Menu > Help & About > Contact Us > Call Customer Service, and we will place the proper number in the phone app and dial it.
* Phone status & local storage permissions are required to support notifications in China. Data on phone status and local storage is used only in China.
OS Requirements: Requires Android OS 2.3 or higher and a rear-facing camera.
The Amazon App for Tablets is available on Google Play. Search for "Amazon Tablet" to install the app and begin shopping.
|Take pictures and videos||Can use camera or flashlight on the phone||Internal|
|Read phone status and identity||Can read phone's current state information like in-phone call, phone signal, carrier, device ID, and phone number||Internal|
|Create accounts and set passwords||Can use user's account authentication information (like password) or create new accounts||Internal|
|Add or remove accounts||Can manage user's accounts on the phone||Internal|
|Use accounts on the device||Allows the app to request authentication tokens.||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Find accounts on the device||Can use user's account information stored on the phone||Internal|
|Precise location (gps and network-based)||Can use user's precise location||Internal|
|Full network access||Can access the internet||It appears this app uses this data for internal use within the app's functionality|
|Modify or delete the contents of your usb storage||Can write to your phone's USB storage||Not analyzed yet|
|Approximate location (network-based)||Can use user's approximate location||Not analyzed yet|
Version of the app analyzed:
App was last analyzed by Privacy Grade on:
Why does this app have this grade?
Our method for grading apps uses a privacy model that we built. This model is based on crowdsourced surveys that we conducted to capture people’s expectations and comfort levels with various app behaviors.
See the sensitive permissions table below the app description to see the permissions that made users of the app uncomfortable.
If you have issues about the information on this page, click the button below to send us feedback.Send Us Feedback